8.30.2008

birthday fun...

yesterday started the weekend celebration of my birthday. my birthday isn't until tuesday, but gustav looks like he is going to take over that day...so why not start celebrating early!
let's be honest though...i probably would have started celebrating early even if gustav wasn't coming.

yesterday morning i went to beagle bagel to have breakfast with cannada. she's living in dc now, so i soak up all the time i get to have with her! we had a great breakfast, but the highlight of the morning was when these little babies came in with their moms. there was a red-headed toddler that was so precious. she was carrying a pink carebear with her. cannada commented that she used to have the exact same one. we continued talking and all of a sudden i felt something furry on my arm. the little girl walked over to me and handed me her carebear! i would have picked her up, but i didn't want the mom to freak out. that pretty much made my morning...in addition to hanging out with cannada! (the pic below is from one of my slumber birthday parties...notice the sleeping bag cannada is in!)

after that i headed to my dad's. we visited for a little while and then he decided he wanted to get out in the world for lunch. we drove to sonic so he didn't have to get out of the car. my dad is the greatest griller in the world. i think the majority of my friends would agree. when i take care of my dad i become his personal chef, so i've had to learn how to grill. there is no way i'll ever be as good as him, but i've been having fun. for my birthday he decided i needed my own grill. they delivered my grill yesterday, so we went to my house to test it out. it has a cool rotisserie thing, so i cooked my first whole chicken on the grill! i saved the chicken for lunch today b/c i had a whole evening planned with my sister. i have a feeling my supper club is going to be really excited about this new addition to my house.

back when i was in high school my sister would come back home and hang out with me for the day. my dad used to let me skip school to hang out with her. we would do all sorts of girly things...like get our hair done, shop, nails, movies...just whatever. we started calling these "designated sissy days." after she had her sweet babies we had to change it to "sissy nights." we had a fun sissy night last night. we went to dinner at p.f. chang's, hung out at my mom's, went to see a movie and she spent the night at my house. we had so much fun!! i have the greatest sissy in the world!!

there is a new facebook trend right now. you can get a picture and yearbook yourself. we decided to do our whole family. here are the results:

here is my mom rockin the 80's...


thom looks like he might need a hot oil treatment...


his wife, katy is stylin...

my sister in the 80's. i think she looks like ms. hand from FPDS...

her husband, michael. such a cute couple...



it sort of freaks me out how well this one worked. this is clint after he joined new kids


his wife, brooke, lookin good in the 60's...



and me. haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So THATS why Gustav is coming this way.... you invited him to your birthday!
It's all your fault!