i discovered some things this weekend...
1. i am related to eric and amanda eaton's sweet little baby banks. how you ask? on friday i went with my mom to see sweet banks in the hospital. i didn't have my camera with me, so i'm going to borrow a picture from bethany hembree's page (sorry bethany). that is eric with his little boy! eric and i have been great friends since high school. he has always been like another brother to me and losing our good friend, patrick, bound us even closer. i couldn't be happier for him and amanda!! sorry...i got sidetracked. while we were visiting them i told eric that my grandfather was on tv. he loves history and i knew he would want to see it. amanda's grandparents were in the room while we were there. all of a sudden her grandfather chimed in and said, "yeah hugh wardlaw." i was so confused and surprised that this man knew my grandfather's name?? he and my mom started talking and apparently we are all related. i don't remember exactly how, but my mom knows all that. i signed my baby present as aunt emily, but in actuality i am cousin emily! i thought it was cool! bethany has more pictures of the cute little family on her blog. why didn't i take pictures??
2. liza sorgenfei is one of the cutest little pregnant moms ever! i went to a shower for her on saturday. i didn't take pictures there either. it was fun to see everyone and she got awesome presents! if someone posts some pictures then i'll "borrow" them too. she is due oct. 21st and it's a girl! i can't wait to see brian dale sorgenfrei raising a girl! for those that don't know brian & liza...she was one of my roommates in college and he is an old friend from high school.
3. i'm more allergic to dust than i ever thought was possible. i was in my mom's house for about 10 minutes on saturday....it just happened to be right after she had been sorting through some of my grandparent's old things. i'm super, super allergic to dust. if i touch it my hand breaks out in a rash. if i turn on one of my fans that hasn't been cleaned i get pink eye from the dust falling in my eye. what 27 yr. old gets pink eye? while i was at my mom's i could feel my throat starting to get scratchy, so i decided to leave. it was too late. i woke up on sunday morning feeling like i had pieces of glass in my throat and sluggish like you do when you have the flu....seriously? from 10 minutes. i hate dust. i feel like the kid who had to sleep with a humidifier in the room....oh wait...that WAS me.
4. i started a new art project this weekend. it's so exciting! i'll have pictures up soon! i've already done a bunch! i also painted some gourds for my table. please don't make fun of me.
5. this didn't happen to me this weekend, but it did happen this weekend. a friend of mine, marty cooper, posted this on her blog and everyone has to go watch this video of this woman. i'm so ashamed that she lives in mississippi! marty pointed out to look at her shirt, so i will too....it figures! click here to go to marty's post.
6. i get to see caroline, reed, dendy b, millie, thom, katy, cailin and annabel next week!!