6.02.2009

this past weekend

i really am ashamed that i haven't updated this in forever. i mean caroline hogan and cassie corless just gave birth (with two small ones at home) and they updated theirs! i have no excuse.

this past weekend was such a great one....i know y'all want to hear all about it!

lucky you!

my mom and i drove up to memphis on thursday for my cousin's wedding weekend. i was going to stay with newman on thursday night and help her celebrate her birthday (i try to help out where i can!)!

my mom dropped me off at a mexican restaurant. yes, i felt like i was in junior high. especially after my mom ramped half of the car up onto the curb. (sorry mama, it was funny)

we had apps at the mexican restaurant with andy and vern, then headed to bosco's to meet up with more people. i would tell you who all was there, but i don't remember. part of me being old.

bosco's is a great restaurant in memphis...i highly recommend sitting out on the patio (i highly recommend sitting on any patio).

from there we went to some hole in the wall pub. i love hole in the wall pubs!! especially when long lost friends, like isaac byrd, walk in! i went to college with byrd dawg and i don't think i've seen him since i've graduated.

here is the one and only picture taken from that night.


























the next day my mom and i spent most of the day with my grandfather. he is in rehab now, but they are pretty sure that he had a stroke, which made him fall. he has a pacemaker, so they can't do an MRI to determine that. physically he is fine, but mentally he isn't quite as with it. when we got there he said he was ready to go to the farm.
he grew up on a dairy farm in mccomb (probably where i get my love of milk from!)
the next day we went to see him he had on two button down shirts. he said that he was afraid he would get cold while he was working.
he still is hands down the cutest grandfather around!!
i discovered something while we visited. he loves wheel of fortune. so do i! my sister makes fun of me for this. although i am in the wheel watchers club, and i don't think he is quite to that level.

friday night we went to the most beautiful rehearsal dinner for my cousin's wedding. drew's dad (my uncle) is on the national heart transplant list and wasn't able to be there for the wedding. i know he hated missing it, but he wouldn't have wanted them to cancel it.
drew's oldest brother, bryan, stepped in and read the sweetest toast my uncle had typed out. drew has two older brothers and they are all really close. i love all of them so much and was so happy to share this night with drew and his new wife, merry claire.

merry claire is adored by everyone she meets, but i don't think anyone loves her as much as my sister's girls!

here are some pictures from the wedding at the memphis botanic gardens.....

merry claire was a beautiful bride!!















































their first dance was to elton john's "this is your song." my uncle was a classical guitarast in college and sang this song to his wife when they were dating and after they got married. it was so sweet to see drew and merry claire dance to it.
































drew dancing with his mom. all the babies call her "aunt pink"

































the reception was gorgeous!


























on the left is elizabeth bratley wardlaw (married to my cousin, bryan), me, julie wardlaw (married to my cousin, russ) and their little girl mary evins wardlaw.










































congratulations drew and merry claire! i love y'all both and pray the Lord will continue to shower you with his love and blessings!

No comments: